Tuesday 6 November 2012

WHITE LINEN

Ever in two minds about what to wear to a morning function, if it is semi-formal and a business event? The first thing that came to mind, was to wear a pants suit, high heels and a top that is perhaps, a little demure. But then again I wasn't going to clinch a business deal during the function and I did not have to wear anything that serious. I couldn't think of anything more appropriate than a fresh and crisp white linen suit. This is so versatile, serious, and at the same time serene, classic yet current, and summery! ( which hasn't really happened yet although the calender dictates otherwise).  
 
A White linen suit has become a staple set in my wardrobe, and if you ad a flamboyant top, it would look equally at home at a morning wedding or a tea party. Some say you dont' wear White to a wedding, that is up to you. Just don't upstage the bride with elaborate trimmings and a dress that enters the room before you do! The only other rule that I would consider, is to dress your body, and not your age, no age restriction in White linen. At least not for now.....
 

4 comments:

  1. i want a white suit,too.it's so classy!
    http://www.asparklyhanger.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely a great suit on you! I would love to have more linen in my wardrobe, but I don't often see it in stores. I would also love an all white suit!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicolene, every woman should have a classic white suit in her wardrobe, it's so feminine and elegant and the linen makes it more casual. Love how you paired it with a striped shirt, gives it is fresh touch. I absolutely admire your fashion style and you prove that style is ageless :-) You have a new follower via GFC and Bloglovin :-)

    Ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete