Friday 18 January 2013

INTO THE WILD

Release your inner cat by wearing Leopard print. When my comments about this trend begin to sound like a repetition, it's because I feel so at home in it, with African roots and safari being such a great activity....  I much prefer to promote it as a phenomenon  as opposed to a trend, especially having regard to it's longevity. The trend subsequently evolved to Zebra and Tiger print, so if your need for Leopard or Cheetah print is saturated, you can gravitate towards the stripes of Tiger perhaps, rendering your outfit somewhat exotic without venturing completely away from the notion. This is how I styled an over sized chiffon top with chinos and nude shoes, with very few accessories. The wide cuff is ever so classic, and elongates the arms, giving a more slender appearance to the limbs. The bag? Say no more, classic, elegant, and my all time favourite. The smell of leather is so comforting....... The corresponding print on the sunglasses certainly ads a little cheek!
 
 
 
 

Top and cuff, sourced at a sidewalk sale in Jungceylon, Phuket
Pants - H & M
Sunglasses- Prada
Shoes - Mozaic
Bag - Celine Boston Tote
Belt - Hermes
Silver Neckpiece - Sass Diva

7 comments:

  1. Love,loooove!Have a great weekend,babe!
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning Nicolene ! Love the whole outfit !

    XX Luba

    Well Living BLog
    http://www.well-living-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicolene, you truly perfected this ensemble. It#s elegant and sophisticated, so much my style. How impressive is that prada design, love it :-)

    have a great weekend!


    ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect print on that blouse, and your Celine tote is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicolene, you look so fabulous! I would wear this outfit from head to toe. I just LOVE those sunglasses too! I agree, I don't consider animal print to be a trend anymore because it is always a staple in my wardrobe.

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing look! You are so right about calling Leopard a "phenomenon as opposed to a trend". In the meantime I really think it became part of us and our fashion.
    I would wear and style it the same way as you do.

    Love from Germany,
    Annette
    http://www.lady-of-style.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete