Friday 12 April 2013

PSYCHOLOGY OF COLOUR

Ever noticed how your mood influences your choice of colour, or are you unaware of the influence? Sometimes we consciously and intentionally choose to wear a particular colour with something specific in mind like going for an interview, having a meeting, or just going to the office. In my case, Black would be the obvious choice since I am required to wear specific colours to court in order to uphold the rules!  When you don't make a deliberate decision wearing a particular colour, it's likely that your mood had an influence on your sub conscious decision! They say Green reflects harmony, peace, environmental awareness and balance. Black allows for emotional safety, efficiency and glamour. The negative aspect of Black is oppression, coldness and heaviness. None of these aspects influenced my decision on a conscious level today, however, if  a therapist analysed it, I would probably be diagnosed as having chosen these colours because I feel safe and secure in Black, and I am at peace with my environment!
 
This beautiful Black trench from Zara is quilted in the inside, making it ideal for travelling and well suited to mid season, the collar and shoulders are beautifully embellished, and the fabric is light yet heavy enough to guard against the chilly wind. It's definitely a priority on the packing list, and ideal  for wearing in transit! Jacquard is one my favourite textiles, and the stores are bursting at it's seems with this glamorous fabric!
 



 
 Trench coat - Zara
Turtle Neck - Studio W
Jacquard Pants - Studio W
Boots - Topshop
Neck Piece - Thai Craft
Leopard Print Clutch - Marc Jacobs
Sunglasses - Prada
 

6 comments:

  1. Black has something charming, it is one of my fav colors since ever. You look gorgeous Nicolene ! Have a nice weekend !


    XX Luba
    www.well-living-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only now, after our long winter, I will take a break from wearing black because I am desperate for spring colours. But come summer and I have a nice sun tan, I will wear it more often again as I think it looks very glamourous then.

    Beautiful pieces like the brocade trousers, boots and your glam-style sunglasses!

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Annette, I appreciate your support of my blog!

      Delete
  3. What a beautifully polished outfit! I'm with you on black, in it I feel cool, strong, efficient. Love those jacquard pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coat and I'm really loving the texture on your pants, they look great!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I def agree with you on the consiousness of choosing colours. Colours have such a great impact on my mood. I think black really excudes strength and professionalsm and always classy. Love your jacquard pants, that texture is so rich and glamouros. Great ensemble as always Nicolene :-9

    Ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete