Monday 3 June 2013

MARKET DAY OUT

If the concept of casual clothes pose difficulty because you only shop for work wear, and you think you have nothing to wear over weekends, my only advice would be to stock up on jeans and "flatform" shoes.  You could easily spice jeans up by wearing it with a blazer without looking to formal, and create a casual look at the same time. My most welcome addition to casualwear apart from jeans, are flat booties. I decided that mid season is most suited to the acquisition of this Camel coloured parka. I matched it with an old pair of chinos, and some animal print for a casual day out. The shoes were not exactly my idea of chic, but considering the fact that fashion had to follow comfort for a day out on the feet, I succumbed to an overbearing pair of flats in a matching print. The extra wide fit was intentional to create some comfort for my left foot which is still in rehabilitation from surgery a year ago, rendering me a little less able to hop around on high heels all day. No need to mention that the procedure was partially required as a result of not having respected the natural form of my feet when buying shoes in earlier days. Funny how we have to endure so much agony before we learn, not so? Saturday took me to the Neighbour goods Market in Woodstock, Cape Town, where your taste buds are tantalised beyond your imagination. I enjoyed having the taste senses stimulated to the extent of saturation! With more than 100 stalls of tasteful delights, it's hard to contain yourself!


 








Parka - Reserved Clothing
Chinos - C & A
Boots - Dorothy Perkins
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Love your market pictures! I wish we had more easily accessible (i.e. not during work hours) markets nearby. The caramel colored ensemble is lovely on you! I agree that a few pairs of simple jeans are a go-to wardrobe staple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casual yet chic, Nicolene! The leopard prints, your necklace and handbag make all the difference . Since you usually wear more formal clothes, you will probably never go for a completely casual look.
    The food looks very mouthwatering!

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics

    New post on the blog:
    http://couturetrend.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to have such a market in Italy!! You look fab with that scarf!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great jacket and the scarf is a lovely touch! All this beautiful food is making me hungry. Just started following your wonderful blog!

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what's not to love about your fabulous outfit and the food - loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! Visiting your blog for the first time today :) First of all, wow, you look absolutely lovely. I love the scarf and the sophisticated layering. Secondly, those macaroons are making me drool!! Thanks for sharing these pictures

    Christy
    Sunny with A Side of...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit! Beautiful scarf!

    Would you like to follow each other with Bloglovin '? Let me know :)

    Best wishes,
    http://vgolove1.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  9. A touch of animal print goes a long way and you did it fabulously! I am actually a bit envious that you could still wear jacket and scarf at this time of the year.. over here is getting hotter!

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES (a fashion and life-style blog)
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, you're so incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete