Friday 5 July 2013

NATURES CUE

Some stylists believe in colour analysis to determine which suits you best, and some of us dance to our own tunes. Another stylist once told me that Rust was not my colour, and that I should not wear this shade close to my face. However, I decided to venture onto my own colour expedition by wearing exactly what I was told not to, and feeling great doing so!  Some outfits just allow you to exude confidence, and some, notwithstanding receiving many compliments, sometimes make you feel less confident. My style motto is to wear what suits your body and what makes you feel comfortable. There is nothing worse than watching women wearing something merely because it's trendy or fashionable, but lacking confidence!  Do any of you ever experience that? This time of the year, the vineyards in the wine lands turn reddish Brown, much like the jacket I am wearing, inspiring a new kaleidoscope of colours and winter shades, so why not take your cue from nature?
 

 
 
 
 
 
Photographs taken at the beautiful Lanzerac Hotel & Spa, Wine Estate outside Stellenbosch
 
Jacket - Belle Epoque
Pants  - C & A
Shoes - Woolworths
Handbag - Mango
Neck Piece - Honey
Bracelet - unknown

10 comments:

  1. Nicolene, your photos are stunning and your look definitely goes in rhyme with the season you are having right now.

    Your paisley blazer and accessories are awesome!

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that blazer....stunning! And I think you look gorgeous in it. I've been told by most color experts that I "shouldn't" wear black, but I still love how I look and feel in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely, and a nice alternative to cooler neutrals. One of the things I admire most about your process is polish that's evident in your presentation. Such a great finish, and I particularly admire your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing color combo.... great job Nicolene!!!!!
    <3 it!!!
    Happy WE my dear fashion friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit! I love the rust color! Looks so rich and chic! I love to wear all colors as I love to be vibrant and unique!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful outfit, beautiful pictures!!

    Thanks for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonita chaqueta, las imágenes también me han gustado, tienes nueva seguidora, besos,ana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I do believe you did a beautiful job of proving your stylist wrong! I love your outfit, the lovely pattern of the jacket, the gorgeous bag, and the lovely backgrounds!
    I wear all colors, if it looks like a shade that is not flattering I will add a scarf, or change lipstick, until it works!
    XX, Elle
    @
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous outfit! I love it:)

    bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy day to you Nicolene

    You look fantastic. I was once told I should wear blue eye shadow - well, I look hideous. I also march to the beat of my own drum and wear colours I've been told I should not, but I feel confident in it.

    Hope you're having a fabulous week so far
    Wendy

    Justine Tissue Oil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete