Monday 1 July 2013

WINTER STAPLES ELONGATING THE BODY

If all else fails during winter, resort to layering with your favourite staple. A coat length just above the knee  is extremely reliable and most suited for the unpredictable Cape of storms, never mind the fact that it is a hot trend! Our current weather changes at least three times a day, almost as temperamental as a menopausal women. Since you never know how hot or cold the afternoon would be, (much like hot flushes) you should not let the morning's rain and wind deter you from  covering up in layers, hence my pea coat from my favourite Italian store, Piazza Italia, combined with  multiple trends including layering, prints, and heavy statement neck pieces! My recent visit to Europe, frolicking the clothing stores, brought me to the conclusion that if there is one staple that we should invest in if you haven't already, it's this kind of coat. It looks equally perfect dressed down with jeans and ads instant glamour to your looks if combined with heels! The mid length also tends to elongate the body if by any chance you are horizontally challenged! Needless to say my fixation with animal print is continued in this blazer, representing  multiple different prints combined with leopard. It also promotes the concept of different prints worn together, as the sunglasses deviate from the print on the blazer although it is in the same colour scheme. I added a touch of Turquoise to break up the monotony of winter's darkness.
 



 




Pea coat - Piazza Italia, Florence
Blazer - Jenni Button
Top - Zara
Pants - C & A
Clutch - Prada
Neck Piece & matching bracelet - Honey
Sunglasses D & G
Shoes - Dorothy Perkins

4 comments:

  1. That blue bag is divine! I love longer coats too. It's tricky finding them in a light enough weight for our climate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fabulous! I love the prints and textures and the awesome bag!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You absolutely know how to handle layers and pattern ... hard to find classier examples of animal prints than yours! I admire neutrals so much, and miss them in the summer as I find myself in brights so often. Makes me want to go for summer darks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shorter coats both for summer as well as the in-between seasons.
    Your animal prints are so elegant and your turquoise clutch is simply stunning!
    Great idea to mix that colour with the more wintery clothes. I never thought about that and considered it as a summer colour but really like the idea.

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete